Find a Workshop
You can search for programs in two ways.
1. Click on the COUNTY search and either type in your county name or use the scrolling bar to locate it from the list. Then click the yellow SEARCH button. This will bring up ALL available workshops in your county, or
2. Enter your address or zip code and select a radius of up to 20 miles. Then click the yellow SEARCH button. This will bring up all the workshops within that geographic area.
If you have any questions about workshops, please reach out to us through the CONTACT US page.
Tai Chi: Moving for Better Balance (TCMBB) is a modified version of the Yang style of Tai Chi that commonly is done using either 108, or, in the “short form,” 24 different positions. TCMBB further simplifies the traditional style and has only 8 essential positions, moving in a slow, flowing, and controlled fashion. This program was developed by Dr. Fuzhong Li at Oregon Research Institute (ORI) and was designed especially for older adults to reduce their risk of falls. Evidence suggests, participating in TCMBB reduces falls and fear of falling; and increases functional balance and physical performance.
- Date: Every Tuesday and Thursday (*Class cancelled on the 2nd Tuesday of every month)
- Time: 11:30 am – 12:30 pm
- Location: 810 Imperial Beach Blvd., Imperial Beach, CA 91932
- Cost: FREE