Healthier Living with Diabetes (Spanish)
Join this free 6-week workshop!
Mondays, March 4 – April 15, 2019 from 10:30am – 1:00pm at Casa Familiar Civic Center
Address: 212 W. Hall Drive Rec # 1, San Ysidro, CA 92173
*Please note: This workshop is taught in Spanish
What is Healthier Living with Diabetes? An Evidence-Based self-management program originally developed at Stanford University, now managed by the Self-Management Resource Center, designed for people with Type 2 Diabetes as well as their family members and caregivers. This program has been proven to achieve positive health outcomes and reduced health care expenditures. The program consists of a workshop that meets once a week for 2 ½ hours per week for six weeks, led by two trained peer educators, who may also have diabetes.
• Techniques to deal with the symptoms of diabetes, fatigue, pain, hyper/hypoglycemia, stress, and emotional problems such as depression, anger, fear and frustration
• Appropriate exercise for maintaining and improving strength and endurance
• Healthy eating
• Appropriate use of medication
• Working more effectively with health care providers
• Participants will make weekly action plans, share experiences, and help each other solve problems they encounter in creating and carrying out their self-management program.
The Healthier Living with Diabetes workshops are available at sites throughout the County.