Diabetes Self Management Program
Healthy Living Chronic Disease or Diabetes Self-Management Program
Take Charge of Your Health. This evidence based program developed at Stanford University will teach you:
- Techniques on how to deal with problems such as frustration, fatigue, pain and isolation.
- Exercises to maintain and improve strength, flexibility and endurance.
- Stress and depression management techniques.
- Effective communication skills to use with family, friends and health professionals.
- Nutrition habits for healthy living.
Tools such as staff support, books, relaxation and exercise CDs are included in this FREE course.
Workshops meet for two and a half hours, once a week for six weeks.