Find a Workshop
You can search for programs in two ways.
1. Click on the COUNTY search and either type in your county name or use the scrolling bar to locate it from the list. Then click the yellow SEARCH button. This will bring up ALL available workshops in your county, or
2. Enter your address or zip code and select a radius of up to 20 miles. Then click the yellow SEARCH button. This will bring up all the workshops within that geographic area.
If you have any questions about workshops, please reach out to us through the CONTACT US page.
Diabetes Self Management Program
Healthy Living Chronic Disease or Diabetes Self-Management Program
Take Charge of Your Health. This evidence based program developed at Stanford University will teach you:
- Techniques on how to deal with problems such as frustration, fatigue, pain and isolation.
- Exercises to maintain and improve strength, flexibility and endurance.
- Stress and depression management techniques.
- Effective communication skills to use with family, friends and health professionals.
- Nutrition habits for healthy living.
Tools such as staff support, books, relaxation and exercise CDs are included in this FREE course.
Workshops meet for two and a half hours, once a week for six weeks.