We’re looking for people like you to join our great team in leading Health Self-Management Workshops across California.
Is this you?
- You, or someone you care for, have a chronic illness
- You can make a time commitment of around 3 hours a week for six weeks, at least twice a year
- You’re a people person, who enjoys learning and sharing knowledge
- You’re comfortable speaking with and leading small, diverse groups from a broad range of backgrounds
- You’re able to manage your time and have some basic project management skills
- You’re bilingual (preferable, but not essential)
Please see below for a list of trainings – by type – in your county and register online! You will be contacted by a staff member to confirm your training.
Types of Trainings
Master Training: You will be trained to teach an established program curriculum to leaders, recruit volunteers to lead workshops, provide leaders with guidance and support, evaluate new leaders and report program outcomes.
New Leader Training: You will be trained to facilitate an established program that has been designed to help adults improve their quality of life and achieve their best level of health.
Update Training: You will have the opportunity to attend occasional update trainings which may include, but are not limited to: changes to the program curriculum, new data forms and/or new leader responsibilities.
Trainings will be listed chronologically by county.
Make a difference! Be a Program Leader!
You can help people in your community better manage their chronic health condition and disability by leading evidence-based physical activity, self-management, falls prevention, and caregiver support programs.
Opportunities exist to become program leaders in the various healthier living programs. Please see the leader training schedule below. For additional information, please email us at: HealthierLiving_Staff@picf.org