Welcome! We are pleased to present several reputable and effective evidence-based health promotion programs to meet the needs of Orange County’s older adults and caregivers. Learn more about our interactive and engaging workshops below!
What Workshops Are Being Offered?
- Chronic Disease Self-Management Program (CDSMP)
- Diabetes Self-Management Program (DSMP)
- A Matter of Balance (AMOB)
What Are Some of the Workshop Features?
- Weekly Sessions for 6 or 8 weeks
- AMOB : 2-hour sessions for 8 weeks
- CDSMP and DSMP : 2.5-hour sessions for 6 weeks
- Small group sessions led by knowledgeable peer leaders
- FREE! There is no cost for participation
Who Can Participate?
- Any adult living with an ongoing health condition
- Caregivers, family members, and friends caring fro someone with an ongoing health condition
- ALL ARE WELCOME!
What Can I Gain From These Workshops?
- A sense of empowerment of being in charge of your health
- Learn behavior management skills such as weekly goal setting and problem solving skills
- Learn how to improve communication with physicians, family, and friends
How Can I Sign Up?
- Signing up for a workshop is quick and easy!
- Register online for a workshop by clicking the “Register Now” button and completing the form
- Call or email the local program coordinator through the contact information provided for each workshop.
Orange County is bordered by the Pacific Ocean, and located about 1-hour drive south of Los Angeles and 2-hours drive north of San Diego. There are 34 incorporated cities located in the county, with the four largest cities being Anaheim, Santa Ana, Irvine, and Huntington Beach. The Pacific Ocean borders the coastal cities of Newport Beach, Laguna Beach, San Clemente, and Huntington Beach aka “Surf City U.S.A.” Residents and visitors can enjoy the beautiful beaches stretching along the 40 miles of coastline. Orange County does not have a defined urban center. It is mostly suburban except for the traditionally urban areas in the older cities of Anaheim, Fullerton, Huntington Beach, Orange, and Santa Ana. The county is also the home of several tourist attractions including the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim and Knott’s Berry Farm in Buena Park. Other points of interest include Mission San Juan Capistrano, the Anaheim Convention Center, and Anaheim Stadium. Orange County is also the home of the Anaheim Ducks hockey team and The Angels baseball team.
County Contact InformationName:Frank HernandezPhone:(714) 480-6451Email:Frank.Hernandez@occr.ocgov.com
Available WorkshopsSort By:
Workshop type : Chronic Disease Self-Management Program (CDSMP)Workshop date : June 23, 2022 - August 4, 2022City :Phone : 714-480-6451Read More