Find a Workshop
You can search for programs in two ways.
1. Click on the COUNTY search and either type in your county name or use the scrolling bar to locate it from the list. Then click the yellow SEARCH button. This will bring up ALL available workshops in your county, or
2. Enter your address or zip code and select a radius of up to 20 miles. Then click the yellow SEARCH button. This will bring up all the workshops within that geographic area.
If you have any questions about workshops, please reach out to us through the CONTACT US page.
Many older adults experience concerns about falling and restrict their activities. A Matter of Balance is an award-winning program designed to manage falls and increase activity levels.
This program emphasizes practical strategies to manage falls. You will learn to:
- View falls as controllable
- Set goals for increasing activity
- Make changes to reduce fall risks at home
- Exercise to increase strength and balance
Who should attend?
- Anyone concerned about falls
- Anyone interested in improving balance, flexibility and strength
- Anyone who has fallen in the past
- Anyone who has restricted activities because of falling concerns.
No-cost 2-hour classes are held once a week for 8 weeks.
Date: Fridays, Aug 11 – Sep 29, 2023
Place: Fortuna Senior Center, 3000 Newburg Road, Suite B, Fortuna
Contact Gabe Ostrow at 707-599-8436 for more information. Space is limited.