Find a Workshop
You can search for programs in two ways.
1. Click on the COUNTY search and either type in your county name or use the scrolling bar to locate it from the list. Then click the yellow SEARCH button. This will bring up ALL available workshops in your county, or
2. Enter your address or zip code and select a radius of up to 20 miles. Then click the yellow SEARCH button. This will bring up all the workshops within that geographic area.
If you have any questions about workshops, please reach out to us through the CONTACT US page.
Diabetes Self-Management Program
This class is building a wait list. Please enter your information to note your interest, and you will be contacted with information regarding specific class days and times.
Take Charge of Your Health. This Evidence based program developed at Stanford University will teach you:
- Techniques to deal with the symptoms of diabetes, fatigue, pain, hyper/hypoglycemia, stress, and emotional problems such as depression, anger, fear and frustration
- Appropriate exercise for maintaining and improving strength and endurance
- Healthy eating and menu planning
- Appropriate use of diabetes medication
- Goal setting
- Communicating effectively with family, friends, and health professionals.
Tools such as staff support, books, relaxation and exercise CDs are included in this FREE course.