Find a Workshop
You can search for programs in two ways.
1. Click on the COUNTY search and either type in your county name or use the scrolling bar to locate it from the list. Then click the yellow SEARCH button. This will bring up ALL available workshops in your county, or
2. Enter your address or zip code and select a radius of up to 20 miles. Then click the yellow SEARCH button. This will bring up all the workshops within that geographic area.
If you have any questions about workshops, please reach out to us through the CONTACT US page.
Diabetes Self-Management Program (DSMP)
DATES: October 3 – November 7, 2018 10/3, 10/10, 10/17, 10/24, 10/31, 11/7
TIME: 9:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. (20 minute break in middle)
LOCATION: South Metro Career Center (4389 Imperial Avenue, San Diego, CA 92113)
FOR MORE INFO, CONTACT: (858) 495-5500
Please leave a message, your call will be returned.
• Techniques to deal with the symptoms of diabetes, fatigue, pain, hyper/hypoglycemia, stress, and emotional problems such as depression, anger, fear and frustration
• Appropriate exercise for maintaining and improving strength and endurance
• Healthy eating
• Appropriate use of medication
• Working more effectively with health care providers
• Participants will make weekly action plans, share experiences, and help each other solve problems they encounter in creating and carrying out their self-management program.