Find a Workshop
You can search for programs in two ways.
1. Click on the COUNTY search and either type in your county name or use the scrolling bar to locate it from the list. Then click the yellow SEARCH button. This will bring up ALL available workshops in your county, or
2. Enter your address or zip code and select a radius of up to 20 miles. Then click the yellow SEARCH button. This will bring up all the workshops within that geographic area.
If you have any questions about workshops, please reach out to us through the CONTACT US page.
Join this free 6-week workshop!
Fridays, February 22 - March 29th from 9:00am - 11:30am at the Lemon Grove Senior Center
Address: 8235 Mt. Vernon St. Lemon Grove, CA 91945
What is Healthier Living with Chronic Pain? An Evidence-Based self-management program originally developed at Stanford University, now managed by the Self-Management Resource Center for people experiencing chronic pain as well as their family members and caregivers. This program has been proven to achieve positive health outcomes and reduced health care expenditures. The program consists of a workshop that meets once a week for 2 ½ hours per week for six weeks, led by two trained peer educators, who may also have chronic pain or another chronic condition.
• Techniques to deal with problems such as frustration, fatigue, isolation, and poor sleep
• Appropriate exercise for maintaining and improving strength, flexibility, and endurance
• Appropriate use of medications
• Communicating effectively with family, friends, and health professionals
• Pacing activity and rest
• How to evaluate new treatments