Find a Workshop
You can search for programs in two ways.
1. Click on the COUNTY search and either type in your county name or use the scrolling bar to locate it from the list. Then click the yellow SEARCH button. This will bring up ALL available workshops in your county, or
2. Enter your address or zip code and select a radius of up to 20 miles. Then click the yellow SEARCH button. This will bring up all the workshops within that geographic area.
If you have any questions about workshops, please reach out to us through the CONTACT US page.
Healthier Living with Diabetes
Join this free 6-week workshop!
Fridays 10:00am - 12:30pm from April 19 to May 24, 2019 at Sustaining Grace
Address: 9950 Campo Road, Spring Valley CA 91979
*Please note: this site requires the use of stairs. Elevators and escalators are not available. Contact (858) 495-5500 to find an accessible workshop site near you.
About the workshop: An Evidence-Based self-management program originally developed at Stanford University, now managed by the Self-Management Resource Center, designed for people with Type 2 Diabetes as well as their family members and caregivers. This program has been proven to achieve positive health outcomes and reduced health care expenditures. The program consists of a workshop that meets once a week for 2 ½ hours per week for six weeks, led by two trained peer educators, who may also have diabetes.
• Techniques to deal with the symptoms of diabetes, fatigue, pain, hyper/hypoglycemia, stress, and emotional problems such as depression, anger, fear and frustration
• Appropriate exercise for maintaining and improving strength and endurance
• Healthy eating
• Appropriate use of medication
• Working more effectively with health care providers
• Participants will make weekly action plans, share experiences, and help each other solve problems they encounter in creating and carrying out their self-management program.