Find a Workshop
You can search for programs in two ways.
1. Click on the COUNTY search and either type in your county name or use the scrolling bar to locate it from the list. Then click the yellow SEARCH button. This will bring up ALL available workshops in your county, or
2. Enter your address or zip code and select a radius of up to 20 miles. Then click the yellow SEARCH button. This will bring up all the workshops within that geographic area.
If you have any questions about workshops, please reach out to us through the CONTACT US page.
This class is building a wait list. Please enter your information to note your interest, and you will be contacted with information regarding specific class days and times.
HomeMeds℠ is an invaluable evidence-based tool for identifying potential patient medication-related errors through medication screening.
Are your medications putting you at risk? Avoid problems with a HomeMeds℠ screening.
As you get older, the way medications work in your body can change. And while medications are very important in helping to control many illnesses, they can also have serious side effects.
Each year, nearly 100,000 older adults are admitted to the ER because of medication-related issues including falls, dizziness, heart issues, or confusion.
What is HomeMeds?
HomeMeds is a free review of all your medications by a pharmacist. If you answer YES to some or all of these questions, you may benefit from a review:
- You see multiple doctors
- You fill prescriptions at multiple pharmacies
- You have recently experienced a fall, dizziness, or
- You have recently been to the ER or hospital
- You take blood thinners or diabetes medications
- You take over-the-counter drugs or supplements
- You take medications to help you sleep
Your doctor will thank you!
Your doctors often have too little time with you to be able to ask important questions about how your medications are making you feel. They may not ask you about your over-the-counter medications, or any supplements you might be taking. That is why doctors are very happy when their patients bring them a complete list of all their medications, and when pharmacists call them to let them know of possible problems.
Screenings will be done either over the telephone or by Zoom and even at in-person locations. To prepare for the assessment have a list of all your medications, including any over-the counter drugs or supplements. Once the assessment is completed it is reviewed by a specially trained pharmacist. If any problems are found, the pharmacist will work with you and your doctors to make sure that you are only taking the medications that are right for you.
Who can participante:
- 60 years of age or older,
- live in Los Angeles, and
- use 5 or more medications.
Partners’ Community Wellness Department offers HomeMeds Medication Inventories to Los Angeles residents. Free HomeMeds screening.HomeMeds Brochure
To complete a HomeMeds assessment please send your name and telephone number at EBregistrations@picf.org or call Community Wellness Hotline at 818-403-5452