Find a Workshop
You can search for programs in two ways.
1. Click on the COUNTY search and either type in your county name or use the scrolling bar to locate it from the list. Then click the yellow SEARCH button. This will bring up ALL available workshops in your county, or
2. Enter your address or zip code and select a radius of up to 20 miles. Then click the yellow SEARCH button. This will bring up all the workshops within that geographic area.
If you have any questions about workshops, please reach out to us through the CONTACT US page.
Join us for this free 6-week workshop!
Tuesdays April 2 - May 7. 2019 from 9:30am - 12:00pm at EMASS
Address: 200North Ash Street Suite 100 Escondido, CA 92027
Please note: this workshop is taught in Spanish
About the workshop: An Evidence-Based self-management program originally developed at Stanford University, now managed by the Self-Management Resource Center this program designed for people with chronic conditions as well as their family members and caregivers. Chronic conditions may include but are not limited to arthritis, depression, heart disease, diabetes, COPD, etc. This program has been proven to achieve positive health outcomes and reduced health care expenditures. The program consists of a workshop that meets once a week for 2 ½ hours per week for six weeks, led by two trained peer educators, who may also have a chronic condition.
• Techniques to deal with problems such as frustration, fatigue, pain and isolation
• Appropriate exercise for maintaining and improving strength, flexibility, and endurance
• Appropriate use of medications
• Communicating effectively with family, friends, and health professionals
• Decision making
• How to evaluate new treatments